Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A humble beginning

I've been restless for about 3 months now. That's about how long it's been since I got home from my honeymoon in Italy and finished writing thank you notes.

I'm a government attorney in New York City (yes, that is as boring as it sounds) with a passion for food, including but not limited to eating, cooking, restaurants, thinking about eating cooking and restaurants, food writing, cookbooks, grocery shopping, and cooking shows (preferably the PBS variety, though I've lately found myself pleading with Judd not to change the channel when we find "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" - or "triple D" if you're hardcore - on the Food Network).

So what's a bored newlywed attorney with great hours to do with all her free time and limited disposable income? I suppose I could have answered that question a lot of ways: self improvement, home improvement, community improvement. But I decided to start "She's Still Hungry" instead, the story of my insatiable appetite. Thanks in part to my new computer (thanks, Kristy), my undefendable addiction to reading other people's blogs (thanks, Baby Magid) and the encouragement of fellow bloggers (thanks, Telly). And if it happens that this humble blog draws a die-hard following of fans who demand that I leave my grubby state office job behind me and open a gourmet deli in the Hamptons, so be it.

More to come . . .

1 comment:

  1. omg. this. is. awesome. i am so excited! and i LOVE the name.

    ReplyDelete