Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What's missing from this picture?



Yes, my television. My beloved television. For about a week, it had been making a clicking sound before turning on. The clicking sound lasted longer and longer before the screen would illuminate, and I knew something was wrong.

We had a purchased a 4-year service package from Best Buy when we got the tv back in November of 2007. After a call to the Geek Squad, last Wednesday -- almost two weeks ago -- some repair business in Queens who has a contract with Best Buy came to do an "in-home service call." I thought they'd come, fix our tv, and leave. But instead, they took it away to their shop, where it has remained ever since.

TV - it's been awful without you. Please come home soon. I call every day to see how you're doing. Yesterday, I got the feeling that you might be almost fixed. They said they'd replaced a part and just need to do some testing. They could bring you back by Friday! I have a rare trip to court on my work calendar on Friday, so it's not the best day to wait at home for your arrival, but I will make it work lest we spend another weekend apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment