Sunday, August 8, 2010

A rare treat

While up in Boston last weekend, I was lucky enough to stop for lunch at one of my favorite places from my college days: Mr. Crêpe in Davis Square.

I first discovered Mr. Crêpe during my senior year at Tufts. It was a tiny little sliver of a restaurant on Holland Street (near Black and Blues Boutique - which is still there) with not nearly enough tables for the many eager crepe eaters. Sometime after I graduated, Mr. Crêpe wisely moved into a much larger space right in the heart of Davis Square (it's near the Somerville Theater now). And nearly 10 years later, it's still going strong, with almost the exact same selection of delicious sweet and savory crêpes.


Last Saturday, I ordered my very favorite crêpe from their list of vegetarian "supercrêpes," the super avocado: an enormous crêpe filled with baby arugula, tomato, monterey jack cheese, and sliced avocado. I added corn relish, too. Not only was it fantastically delicious, but also a gastronomic time machine, bringing me right back to the 2000 - 2001 academic year. I was smiling all afternoon.

The next time you are in Somerville, Massachusetts, I strongly encourage you to stop by Mr. Crêpe at 51 Davis Square.

2 comments:

  1. MR. CREEEEEEEEEEPE!!!!! so. jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could only have been better if you were there too, Rooms.

    ReplyDelete