Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dinner for two: update



The roast chicken dinner I made tonight was pretty enough for a picture, or three. All of which Judd, with his self-proclaimed "artist's eye" took. You are looking at roast chicken with pan gravy, cauliflower gratin, bread stuffing with fresh herbs (good, but not good enough for Thanksgiving dinner), and sauteed brussels sprouts. And yes, we have a lot of leftovers.


Also, after a whole post about my enthusiasm for farm-fresh local and seasonal produce, I want to point out to my readers that I am no mother earth. In fact, I might have enjoyed chicken nuggets from Wendy's more than the organic, free-range, antibiotic-free roast chicken I cooked tonight. I cannot live without Splenda or "I Can't Believe It's not Butter" -- the spray-on version -- neither of which exist in nature. In another posting, I will catalogue all of the non-foodie things I love to love, critics, purists, locavores, and snobs be damned.


3 comments:

  1. i'm dying over here! in another life, i'd have had my own tupperware full of this deliciousness. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks incredible!! Wish we were neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you forward the recipes for the sprouts and the gratin? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete