Friday, November 13, 2009

Chicken Stock

An anonymous commenter recently asked for my chicken stock recipe. I've only made it twice (though last year I made my own turkey stock!) but I'm happy to share my technique, since I wouldn't really call this a recipe.

Step one: stick chicken carcass in a large pot with 3 unpeeled carrots, 1 unpeeled onion, two ribs of celery, a bunch of dill, a bunch of parsley, a bunch of thyme, 6-10 peppercorns, and water to cover.


Step 2: cook over medium heat for a long time (2 - 3 hours).



Step 3: strain contents of pot reserving the liquid - VOILA! You have made chicken stock.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous No Longer Says....."Thank you for the superb chicken stock recipe. My Italian mother in law may now find me an appropriate match for her son now that I can make something of my own from scratch. YUM."

    ReplyDelete