Saturday, November 21, 2009

A week of good dinners

Monday: another dress-rehearsal for Thanksgiving: roast turkey breast, roasted red potatoes with rosemary, sauteed brussels sprouts, and a truffle-scented pan gravy. I had smeared some black truffle butter under the skin of the turkey before I cooked it, but I did not think it imparted any truffle flavor to the finished turkey breast. So I used more truffle butter to make the gravy.

Tuesday: spaghetti squash with marinara sauce, Nate's meatless meatballs (don't knock em till you've tried em! I recommend the "classic flavor") and steamed broccoli with pecorino cheese.

Wednesday: salumi and pecorino fritters; mini calzones with tomato and mozzarella; and meatball and ricotta lasagna at the Enoteca at I Trulli with Alexis. Their bar menu is considerably less expensive than the restaurant menu.

Thursday: Mu shu vegetables (no mushrooms!) and the world's best steamed vegetable dumplings from Ollie's.

Friday: an enormous serving of yummy meatloaf and garlic mashed potatoes at City Grill with Steph.

No comments:

Post a Comment